Update.


Planning, gathering, preparing, eating, cleaning up it's a never ending cycle around here. I have hit a rut or two in meal planning and prep over the last month. I have been resisting making menus and grocery shopping like nobody's business.

I think partly because I miss bread so much. I can't express how much I would love to have a slice of pizza or a beer. Even though it hasn't been that hard (I don't know if that makes sense). I think when you are determined to help a loved one get or remain healthy it's hard and not that hard at the same time.

Josh has had a couple of migraines since we started on GAPS, but they have been short or easily treated with a prescription strength Aleeve and/or celery juice. When those migraines have come about Josh gets very upset and sometimes wants to throw in the towel. Who can blame him? I completely understand what it feels like to be betrayed by your body.

I was reading Jora's plan and the comments and I ran across a comment by Kim. She suggested that Jora watch this Ted talk. I really enjoyed it and it gave me some inspiration. It's funny how simple ideas that you already know presented in a new way can give you wind in your sails.

Dr. Terry Wahls suggests a diet that consists of 3 cups of green vegetables (which we do), 3 cups of sulfer vegetables (brassica family), 3 cups of color (berries, carrots, peppers, red cabbage), wild and grass feed meat and wild oily fish, and organ meat once a week. That breakdown gives me some goals. Hopefully my green juice counts towards some of that 9 cups of veg a day. I don't know if my jaw can take all that chewing.

I have been craving a great salad prep book. You know a book with all those lovely salads that you eat when you go out. With super yummy, creative vinaigrettes and a variety of vegetables. I haven't found one so I'm thinking that I will do a new/old salad 3x a week and post it. That way I know what has worked and what hasn't and I have a place to go for inspiration when all is lost.
I would love for you all to share any of your favorites in posts or emails. I think it's going to lead to a plate full of goodness.

image via:  Shaved Cauliflower and Radicchio Salad

Labels: ,