Will you please allow me to brag? I want to brag about my sister, Caley. She pulled off the most amazing Art Night last night. She is always impressing the hell out of me with her students. She is giving them the most amazing rigorous art education. 

Preschoolers doing Warhol. Preschool through middle school learning about and executing Pop Art that goes from Roy Lichtenstein to Robert Indiana. Large scale 3-D sculpture. Come on.


The parent volunteers were amazing too. There was such an energy blanketing the whole night. Tickets were bought to silk screen their school uniform t-shirts, paint murals with a great San Diego artist, Michael Amorillo, families Warholing themselves at computer stations, and button making with found art.

I hope that school knows what they have. She is the only Art teacher to a full house. Caley writes her own curriculum and she doesn't pull any punches. No macaroni and glue here folks. 

I can't wait to see what she does next.

Labels: ,