March 6, 2012

Kaufmann Mercantile.


I have a soft spot for general stores. I grew up with them and I even owned one for a time. Kaufmann Mercantile has me looking for reasons to bring things home.

TOX: I have been wanting to make my own bitters, but this citrus set looks pretty darn good. I think it would pair perfectly with this Grapefruit Margarita. You could try the lime or the cardamom.

DETOX: Another wishlist item has been a hatchet. I've been looking for the perfect one so that I can be like the Peace Pie folks at the farmer's market all week long.

PROTECT: Waxed canvas is one of my all time favorite materials. I saw this tutorial not that long ago and I have been wanting to try my hand at it ever since. Bag, Otter Wax.

7 comments:

  1. oh duuuuuude. that's painful, so much I want. and "need" -- like I really was just saying the other day that I "need" some snowshoes. beautiful, handmade snowshoes. too much good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you just made me burst out laughing. you DO need some handmade snowshoes. how are you ever going to make it out of your house without them.

      Delete
  2. I love perusing Kaufmann Mercantile...I probably live in one of the few places where I *can* justify owning everything they carry! But still, must resist...

    I want to hear more about you owning a general store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll share a little about the store in the future. I wish I had taken more pictures. Colleen (see comment below) and I had an amazing cut flower garden behind it. It was kind of magical and impossible all at the same time.

      Delete
  3. oh how I miss hanging out at *the good life*-- and downing an entire chocolate bar while arranging flowers! I love when you share the cool things you find. I'm going to delay doing my 20 min. clean (which is backed up 3 days, so it's actually a 60 minute clean) to look at that mercantile right now. (Of course the 20 minute clean was also a suggestion by you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to do a 40 min clean today because of the same issue, and my kitchen could still use a quick sweep up.

      Delete
  4. I also find that the "20 minutes' is completely above and beyond the normal daily stuff that takes at least an hour and a half already... but I still like the system, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...