In an effort to make better salads I have been adding them to my weekly menus. This last week looked like this:

❶ Shaved Cauliflower Salad (bon appétit)
❷ Roasted Carrot Avocado Salad (jamie oliver)
❸ Crispy Brussel Sprouts (what katie ate)*
❹ Iceberg Wedges with Creamy Blue Cheese (bon appétit)
❺ Fennel Avocado & Clementine (bon appétit)
❻ Shaved Carrot & Cilantro (tangy, tart, hot and sweet)

I didn't like the Jamie Oliver salad because once again (I've had this experience before) the cooking instructions fell short. The recipe suggests parboiling your carrots for 10 min before roasting. I did it for 5 and it was too much. I would make this again, but my own way because the flavors were there. All the rest I was a big fan of and I will make them again.

*Even Josh loved the brussel sprouts and that is saying something because he is not a fan of them.

Labels: ,